IAF Jet Trainer crashes, pilots safe
The IJT crashed in a sparsely populated area and there were no collateral casualties.
Bangalore/Chennai: An Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) prototype aircraft crashed during routine flight test in Tamil Nadu's Krishnagiri district on Thursday, but both test pilots ejected to safety, police said.
The IJT S-3466, which was earlier reported as an Advanced Jet Trainer, was on routine flight testing when the mishap occurred in the afternoon, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited said in Bangalore.
The aircraft crashed in a sparsely populated area at Lakshmipuram, preventing any collateral casualties, police said.
An IAF helicopter flew the pilots back to Bangalore, they said.
A court of enquiry has been constituted into the crash, HAL said.
Earlier, on April 22, four Army personnel were killed in a helicopter crash in north Sikkim.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media