Jharkhand officials escape after boat capsizes
Some of the officers suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat
Ranchi: A group of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers had a narrow escape when the boat carrying them capsized in Jharkhand. At least a dozen persons, including three Jharkhand government officials, on Monday had a narrow escape when their boat overturned in Dhurva Dam, about 20 km from Ranchi.
Secretary of the Fisheries Department Arun Kumar Singh, two other officials of the department and some media persons were set to return after a pisciculture programme when the boat overturned, Department s Director Rajeev Kumar said.
He said the officials, who had worn life jackets, were rescued by divers immediately.
Some of them suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat, he added.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan