Jharkhand officials escape after boat capsizes
Some of the officers suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat
Ranchi: A group of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers had a narrow escape when the boat carrying them capsized in Jharkhand. At least a dozen persons, including three Jharkhand government officials, on Monday had a narrow escape when their boat overturned in Dhurva Dam, about 20 km from Ranchi.
Secretary of the Fisheries Department Arun Kumar Singh, two other officials of the department and some media persons were set to return after a pisciculture programme when the boat overturned, Department s Director Rajeev Kumar said.
He said the officials, who had worn life jackets, were rescued by divers immediately.
Some of them suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat, he added.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits