DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jharkhand officials escape after boat capsizes
Some of the officers suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat
Ranchi: A group of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers had a narrow escape when the boat carrying them capsized in Jharkhand. At least a dozen persons, including three Jharkhand government officials, on Monday had a narrow escape when their boat overturned in Dhurva Dam, about 20 km from Ranchi.
Secretary of the Fisheries Department Arun Kumar Singh, two other officials of the department and some media persons were set to return after a pisciculture programme when the boat overturned, Department s Director Rajeev Kumar said.
He said the officials, who had worn life jackets, were rescued by divers immediately.
Some of them suffered minor injuries after being hit by the railings of the boat, he added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings