DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I&B mulling launching 24-hour news channel on AIR
I&B Secretary reviewed the existing status of AIR and Doordarshan Kendra transmission in border areas.
Amritsar: Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Saturday said it is considering a 24-hour news channel on All India Radio (AIR) on the pattern of DD News. "The Centre is exploring various aspects and technicalities involved in launching a 24-hour news channel on AIR," I&B Secretary Uday Kumar Varma said here at a meeting with heads of various Punjab-based media units.
Varma reviewed the existing status of AIR and Doordarshan Kendra transmission in border areas and discussed the progress of digitalisation of AIR and DDK. He directed the DD authorities to explore the possibility of introducing a toll free number on which viewers, cutting across national borders, could directly voice their opinion.
Reacting to media reports on monopoly by certain private cable TV operators, the I&B Secretary said the matter have already been referred to TRAI.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users