I&B mulling launching 24-hour news channel on AIR
I&B Secretary reviewed the existing status of AIR and Doordarshan Kendra transmission in border areas.
Amritsar: Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Saturday said it is considering a 24-hour news channel on All India Radio (AIR) on the pattern of DD News. "The Centre is exploring various aspects and technicalities involved in launching a 24-hour news channel on AIR," I&B Secretary Uday Kumar Varma said here at a meeting with heads of various Punjab-based media units.
Varma reviewed the existing status of AIR and Doordarshan Kendra transmission in border areas and discussed the progress of digitalisation of AIR and DDK. He directed the DD authorities to explore the possibility of introducing a toll free number on which viewers, cutting across national borders, could directly voice their opinion.
Reacting to media reports on monopoly by certain private cable TV operators, the I&B Secretary said the matter have already been referred to TRAI.
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- Samajwadi Party Rift Live: Shivpal Yadav Gets Nameplate Removed From Outside His Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Mulayam Singh Yadav Has Cemented Akhilesh's Future By Playing it Out in Public
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh