DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
IBNLive Movie Awards: Supriya Pathak voted best actress in a supporting role
From being happy to chopping off her daughter's finger Pathak came across as one of the best performers in the film
New Delhi: Bollywood films might revolve around the lead hero and the heroine, but at times it's their onscreen mothers, friends and sisters who steal the show with their nuanced performances. They might not be the central character but they definitely make many sit upright and take notice of them. And, 2013 saw some of the actresses just steal the show in their supporting roles.
And the winner of the IBN Live Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress is Supriya Pathak for 'Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela'.
The lead characters of the films must have lost the plot if the villainous mother played by Pathak would not have been a part of the script. From instantly being happy to chopping off her daughter's finger, to taking the prospective groom in custody, Pathak came across as one of the best performers in 'Ram Leela'.
Pathak was pitted against Swara Bhaskar (for 'Raanjhanaa'), Divya Dutta (for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'), Richa Chadda (for 'Fukrey') and Kangana Ranaut (for 'Krrish 3').
While 29 per cent audience voted for Pathak, Bhaskar came a close second with 27 per cent votes. Dutta, Chadda and Ranaut got 23, 8 and 14 per cent votes respectively.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere