Icon rock musician Lou Reed of Velvet Underground dies at 71
Online tributes poured in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door."
Lou Reed, whose band the Velvet Underground became one of the most influential in rock by fusing art and music in 1960s' New York through its collaboration with artist Andy Warhol, died on Sunday at age 71, Rolling Stone reported.
The magazine gave scant details about the death, and Reed's representatives could not immediately be reached to confirm the news.
But online tributes were pouring in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door." Reed had undergone a liver transplant earlier this year.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?