Icon rock musician Lou Reed of Velvet Underground dies at 71
Online tributes poured in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door."
Lou Reed, whose band the Velvet Underground became one of the most influential in rock by fusing art and music in 1960s' New York through its collaboration with artist Andy Warhol, died on Sunday at age 71, Rolling Stone reported.
The magazine gave scant details about the death, and Reed's representatives could not immediately be reached to confirm the news.
But online tributes were pouring in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door." Reed had undergone a liver transplant earlier this year.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani