Icon rock musician Lou Reed of Velvet Underground dies at 71
Online tributes poured in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door."
Lou Reed, whose band the Velvet Underground became one of the most influential in rock by fusing art and music in 1960s' New York through its collaboration with artist Andy Warhol, died on Sunday at age 71, Rolling Stone reported.
The magazine gave scant details about the death, and Reed's representatives could not immediately be reached to confirm the news.
But online tributes were pouring in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door." Reed had undergone a liver transplant earlier this year.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner