DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Icon rock musician Lou Reed of Velvet Underground dies at 71
Online tributes poured in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door."
Lou Reed, whose band the Velvet Underground became one of the most influential in rock by fusing art and music in 1960s' New York through its collaboration with artist Andy Warhol, died on Sunday at age 71, Rolling Stone reported.
The magazine gave scant details about the death, and Reed's representatives could not immediately be reached to confirm the news.
But online tributes were pouring in on social media after a message sent earlier in the day on Reed's twitter and Facebook pages read simply "The Door." Reed had undergone a liver transplant earlier this year.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment