Iconic Hollywood movie 'Scarface' gets a reboot
A new version of 'Scarface'movie, set in today's world of crime, is in development.
Los Angeles: A new version of 'Scarface'movie, set in today's world of crime, is in development.
Universal Pictures has been meeting with writers to prepare a script for the project, which first released in 1932.
However, the 1983 version starring Al Pacino as gangsterTony Montana, a Cuban man who takes over the drugs trade in Miami, is more popular.
The new film would be produced by former studio head Marc Shmuger and Martin Bregman, producer on the 1983 remake, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The project is in the early stages but is being described as not a sequel or outright remake of the 1983 movie. It will maintain some of the elements made popular in the first two.
Both versions told the story of crime sagas of the rise and fall of a gangster. The 1932 version was set in Chicago and featured bootlegging, Italians and Irish mobsters.
While the 1983 version was set in Latin-loving Miami andcocaine was the vice of choice.
The new 'Scarface' is planned to be the same: a crime tale set in today's world, offering a dark look at the American Dream.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test