DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
ID proof must for all rail passengers from Dec 1 onwards
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity.
New Delhi: In an attempt to facilitate travel of bonafide passengers and reduce misuse of ticketing system, the railways on Thursday decided to extend the condition of carrying original proof of identity during travel on reserved tickets for all classes in a train. The change will come into effect from December 1, said a statement from the ministry.
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity during the journey.
Further, the ministry also decided to expand the list of prescribed proofs of identity to include photo identity cards having serial numbers issued by public sector undertakings of state/central government, district administration, municipal administration and panchayat administration.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere