ID proof must for all rail passengers from Dec 1 onwards
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity.
New Delhi: In an attempt to facilitate travel of bonafide passengers and reduce misuse of ticketing system, the railways on Thursday decided to extend the condition of carrying original proof of identity during travel on reserved tickets for all classes in a train. The change will come into effect from December 1, said a statement from the ministry.
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity during the journey.
Further, the ministry also decided to expand the list of prescribed proofs of identity to include photo identity cards having serial numbers issued by public sector undertakings of state/central government, district administration, municipal administration and panchayat administration.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released