ID proof must for all rail passengers from Dec 1 onwards
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity.
New Delhi: In an attempt to facilitate travel of bonafide passengers and reduce misuse of ticketing system, the railways on Thursday decided to extend the condition of carrying original proof of identity during travel on reserved tickets for all classes in a train. The change will come into effect from December 1, said a statement from the ministry.
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity during the journey.
Further, the ministry also decided to expand the list of prescribed proofs of identity to include photo identity cards having serial numbers issued by public sector undertakings of state/central government, district administration, municipal administration and panchayat administration.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Stage Emission Norms Explained, How Does it Impact You ?
- TVF CEO Arunabh Kumar Booked for Molestation
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?