ID proof must for all rail passengers from Dec 1 onwards
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity.
New Delhi: In an attempt to facilitate travel of bonafide passengers and reduce misuse of ticketing system, the railways on Thursday decided to extend the condition of carrying original proof of identity during travel on reserved tickets for all classes in a train. The change will come into effect from December 1, said a statement from the ministry.
At present, only passengers travelling on e-tickets, Tatkal tickets and in air-conditioned class have to produce original proof of identity during the journey.
Further, the ministry also decided to expand the list of prescribed proofs of identity to include photo identity cards having serial numbers issued by public sector undertakings of state/central government, district administration, municipal administration and panchayat administration.
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- NASA Captures Sharpest View of Comet Breaking Apart
- Ink Thrown at Union Minister JP Nadda in AIIMS Bhopal