If I open my mouth, many BJP people will be in trouble, says Nitish Kumar
BJP President Rajnath Singh had earlier trashed JD(U)'s allegations that Narendra Modi was an autocratic and divisive leader.
In a veiled threat to BJP leaders on the offensive against him after JD(U) parted ways with the NDA partner, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that if he opened his mouth many of them would be in trouble. "If I open my mouth a lot of people will be in trouble," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of a programme in Patna.
BJP President Rajnath Singh, who addressed a party rally in Patna on Sunday, had trashed JD(U)'s allegations that Narendra Modi was an autocratic and divisive leader. He had attacked JD(U) for 'suddenly' finding fault with the Gujarat Chief Minister and his leadership after being part of the alliance for 17 years. The BJP President had also questioned Kumar's growing proximity to the Congress.
Singh's predecessor Nitin Gadkari has accused Kumar of playing vote bank politics to fulfil his Prime Ministerial ambitions. Former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, former NDA convenor Nandkishore Yadav, Rajiv Pratap Singh Rudy, Shahnawaz Hussain, Ravishankar Prasad, C P Thakur and state BJP President Mangal Pandey have been firing verbal salvos at Kumar after the parting of ways.
The acrimony widened so much that workers of JD(U) and BJP clashed on the streets of Patna during the Bihar bandh on June 18. BJP MLAs had unleashed a verbal attack on Kumar during the confidence vote. After JD(U) snapped ties with BJP on June 16, Kumar had said political issues would be answered politically and advised leaders of both parties not to point fingers at each other.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN