IFFI: Zanussi to get lifetime achievement award
Zanussi has directed over 25 films in a career which ha spanned over 43 years.
Panaji: Polish filmmaker Krysztof Zanussi will be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), festival organisers said Monday. A spokesperson for the IFFI organisers said that the 73-year-old Zanussi, who is at present a professor of European films at an institute in Switzerland, will be present at the festival for felicitation.
Zanussi has directed over 25 films in a career which has spanned over 43 years.
"Zanussi has been making films in Poland since 1969, at a time when censorship was high in Poland, which was affiliated to the Eastern Bloc. It is his dedication to the philosophy of film and the subtle criticism of the regime at the time which is being recognised here at the festival," the spokesperson said.
Zanussi's first directorial venture was 'The Structure of Crystals' in 1969 while his most recent film was 'Revisited' in 2009. The film festival kicks off here Nov 20.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor