Iglesias gets gold for Cuba in light welterweight
Iglesias outboxed tough Ukrainian challenger Denys Berinchyk for a 22-15 victory.
London: Light welterweight Roniel Iglesias of Cuba won the gold medal in the Olympic boxing tournament Saturday night, outboxing tough Ukrainian challenger Denys Berinchyk for a 22-15 victory.
Iglesias is Cuba's first boxing gold medalist in London after the traditional amateur power failed to win a gold in Beijing. Iglesias was a silver medalist in 2008, but returned with a stellar run through the 2012 tournament.
Cuba's 33 boxing gold medals are second in Olympic history to the USA team's 48. Berinchyk fell just short of winning the third boxing gold medal in Ukraine's Olympic history, although his team will lead the London Olympics with five medals.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets