DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Iglesias gets gold for Cuba in light welterweight
Iglesias outboxed tough Ukrainian challenger Denys Berinchyk for a 22-15 victory.
London: Light welterweight Roniel Iglesias of Cuba won the gold medal in the Olympic boxing tournament Saturday night, outboxing tough Ukrainian challenger Denys Berinchyk for a 22-15 victory.
Iglesias is Cuba's first boxing gold medalist in London after the traditional amateur power failed to win a gold in Beijing. Iglesias was a silver medalist in 2008, but returned with a stellar run through the 2012 tournament.
Cuba's 33 boxing gold medals are second in Olympic history to the USA team's 48. Berinchyk fell just short of winning the third boxing gold medal in Ukraine's Olympic history, although his team will lead the London Olympics with five medals.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO