IHF to pay Rs 1,000 for every goal scored
The team will also be fined Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded.
Chennai: In its bid to further boost the morale of the Indian hockey team, the Indian Hockey Federation has offered cash rewards to the players for each goal scored.
The team's manager for the Asia Cup, RK Shetty, confirmed to CNN-IBN that the IHF has indeed promised the players a reward of a Rs 1,000 for every goal scored and a penalty of Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded in the tournament.
The Indian hockey team has been on a roll so far in the tournament and won all four of its pool matches.
The move is expected to further motivate the players who are fresh after thumping wins against Sri Lanka, Korea and Bangladesh in the Asia Cup in Chennai.
India have booked their place in the semi-finals after routing Bangladesh 6-0.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18