IHF to pay Rs 1,000 for every goal scored
The team will also be fined Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded.
Chennai: In its bid to further boost the morale of the Indian hockey team, the Indian Hockey Federation has offered cash rewards to the players for each goal scored.
The team's manager for the Asia Cup, RK Shetty, confirmed to CNN-IBN that the IHF has indeed promised the players a reward of a Rs 1,000 for every goal scored and a penalty of Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded in the tournament.
The Indian hockey team has been on a roll so far in the tournament and won all four of its pool matches.
The move is expected to further motivate the players who are fresh after thumping wins against Sri Lanka, Korea and Bangladesh in the Asia Cup in Chennai.
India have booked their place in the semi-finals after routing Bangladesh 6-0.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines