DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
IHF to pay Rs 1,000 for every goal scored
The team will also be fined Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded.
Chennai: In its bid to further boost the morale of the Indian hockey team, the Indian Hockey Federation has offered cash rewards to the players for each goal scored.
The team's manager for the Asia Cup, RK Shetty, confirmed to CNN-IBN that the IHF has indeed promised the players a reward of a Rs 1,000 for every goal scored and a penalty of Rs 2,000 for every goal conceded in the tournament.
The Indian hockey team has been on a roll so far in the tournament and won all four of its pool matches.
The move is expected to further motivate the players who are fresh after thumping wins against Sri Lanka, Korea and Bangladesh in the Asia Cup in Chennai.
India have booked their place in the semi-finals after routing Bangladesh 6-0.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan