IHF plans international hockey event
The Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) is planning to host an international event in Chennai this year.
New Delhi: The Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) is planning to host an international event in Chennai this year, along the lines of a three or four-nation format akin to the Sultan Azlan Shah Trophy.
The IHF intends to bring four to six teams to India and is working towards formulating a schedule. The Indian governing body will seek the Asian Hockey Federation's approval before making the final structure, according to a report published in Pakistani daily The News.
The Indian hockey team has three major international events lined up ahead of the tournament, if it gets the go-ahead - an India-Pakistan Test series, Sultan Azlan Shah Trophy and Champions Challenge in Belgium.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput