IHF plans international hockey event
The Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) is planning to host an international event in Chennai this year.
New Delhi: The Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) is planning to host an international event in Chennai this year, along the lines of a three or four-nation format akin to the Sultan Azlan Shah Trophy.
The IHF intends to bring four to six teams to India and is working towards formulating a schedule. The Indian governing body will seek the Asian Hockey Federation's approval before making the final structure, according to a report published in Pakistani daily The News.
The Indian hockey team has three major international events lined up ahead of the tournament, if it gets the go-ahead - an India-Pakistan Test series, Sultan Azlan Shah Trophy and Champions Challenge in Belgium.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pakistan to Act Against Terror Groups Who Seek to Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank