IIM-A board forms panel to select new director
The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has constituted a five-member search and selection committee.
Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has constituted a five-member search and selection committee headed by board chairman AM Naik to find a successor to the present director Samir Barua whose term will expire in September, sources in the institute said on Tuesday.
The notification for five-member search and selection committee comprising Hasit Joshipura of GSK Pharma, Sanjay Lalbhai-CMD Arvind Group, Rama Bijapurkar, Ashank Desai of Mastek besides Naik, was circulated through e-mail among the faculty and members of IIM-A board of governors, confirmed a IIM-A faculty.
The former chairman of IIM-A board Vijaypat Singhania had formed a four-member search committee comprising IIM-A alumni to find replacement for Samir Barua, whose four-year term expires in September, official sources said.
However, the new chair of IIM-A board after understanding the nitty-gritty of the selection process decided to reconstitute the committee.
Chairman A M Naik, alongwith four others will now be suggesting two or three names for the post of Director IIM-A to Union Ministry of HRD which will take a final decision in the matter, they said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Handed Him the Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone