IIM-A tops CNBC-TV18's best B-Schools 2012
IIM Bangalore is running very close driven by its improved performance in industry interface and intl linkage.
New Delhi: IIM-Ahmedabad has again topped the list of CNBC-TV18's annual B-school rankings, but IIM-Bangalore is close on the heels.
The 4th edition of the annual ranking study, 'India's Best B-Schools 2012' covers 145 B-Schools, 235 recruiters and 217 faculty members, across a dual methodology, making it one of India's leading and most comprehensive rankings for management education.
IIM Ahmedabad led the rankings and continues to be the benchmark for MBA education in India. However, IIM Bangalore is running very close driven by its improved performance in areas such as industry interface and international linkages. IIM's continued their pre-eminence amongst management schools, with as many as six out of the top 10 B-schools being an IIM.
Following are the top ten B-schools as per the rankings: IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, XLRI Jamshedpur, MDI Gurgaon, NITIE Mumbai, IIM Indore, SP Jain Indore and IIM Kozhikode.
BFSI, IT, Consulting & FMCG continue to be favorite haunts for India's top b-school graduates as they accounted for almost 70% of B-School recruiters. In terms of average salaries, India's top b-schools saw an average increase of approximately 20%. However, amongst the lower ranked schools, there were considerable challenges in terms of intake as well as salary increases and placements.
At IIM-A, the maximum salary offered for an Indian job was Rs 37 lacs per annum and for a foreign posting was USD 139.64 thousand per annum.The average and median salary figures were 16.36 lacs per annum and 15.15 lacs per annum respectively. About 14% of the graduates were posted abroad. As is known, IIM-A has recently introduced the 'cohort' based placement system, wherein companies that offer similar roles, profiles, salaries, locations etc would visit campus together at a particular time basis batch preferences.
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- From Strategic Restraint to Defensive Offence: Modi Draws a New Line of Control
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore