IIM Lucknow reduces fees of post-graduate programme
The fee for the same course at IIM Bangalore is Rs 17 lakh and Rs 16.6 lakh at IIM Ahmedabad.
Lucknow: In a first, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow on Friday reduced the fees for its post-graduate programme in management for the academic term 2013-2015. The IIM's director Devi Singh said the fees were being slashed by 10 per cent from the current Rs 12 lakh to Rs 10.8 lakh.
The fee for the same course at IIM Bangalore is Rs 17 lakh and Rs 16.6 lakh at IIM Ahmedabad, officials said. IIM Lucknow has not hiked any fee since 2011. "In the last nine years, the institute's impetus has been on efficient financial management and broad-basing our revenue sources. We have been successful in achieving this," Singh said.
JJ Irani, chairman of IIM Lucknow's board of governors, said, "In today's environment, when education is becoming costlier, IIM Lucknow would like to take a lead. This decision will help many needy students to undertake education at institutions like ours."
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone