Common test row: IIT Senate members to meet PM
The IITs have maintained that the common test will compromise with their autonomy and affect the standards maintained.
New Delhi: Senate members of the seven IITs will on Friday meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with the JEE proposed by the HRD Ministry for admission in IITs and other centrally-funded engineering institutes. The IITs have maintained that the 'one-nation, one-test' proposal compromises with their autonomy and will affect standards maintained at the institutions.
Their representatives had met senior PMO officials on Thursday with regards to the matter. They had expressed a positive outcome of the meeting with the PM on Friday.
The IITs are reportedly planning to ask the PM to scrap the proposal.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team