Common test row: IIT Senate members to meet PM
The IITs have maintained that the common test will compromise with their autonomy and affect the standards maintained.
New Delhi: Senate members of the seven IITs will on Friday meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with the JEE proposed by the HRD Ministry for admission in IITs and other centrally-funded engineering institutes. The IITs have maintained that the 'one-nation, one-test' proposal compromises with their autonomy and will affect standards maintained at the institutions.
Their representatives had met senior PMO officials on Thursday with regards to the matter. They had expressed a positive outcome of the meeting with the PM on Friday.
The IITs are reportedly planning to ask the PM to scrap the proposal.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- Don't put Indo-Pak in Same Group of International Tournaments: BCCI
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy