IIT Kanpur to set up first overseas office in New York
With the office, the prestigious institution hopes to deal with a range of overseas affairs including faculty hiring.
Kanpur: IIT Kanpur is all set to open its first overseas office in New York, for which a space has been provided by one of its alumnus. With this office, the prestigious institution hopes to deal with a range of overseas affairs including faculty hiring, fund-raising and entering into collaborations for research and development, according to a release.
The office will come up at 62, William Street in New York and a space has been provided by the student for a period of five years, it said. The 1986 batch IITian, Sanjay Khosla, will not be charging any rent from the institute, the release added.
The new office is expected to start its functioning from early next year.
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Prabhas Dismisses Reports of Working In Dhoom 4
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away