I'll do a serious role for the first time in 'Zaalim Dilli': Divyendu
Divyendu Sharma is now ready for some seriousness in his next movie 'Zaalim Dilli'.
Mumbai: Actor Divyendu Sharma followed up the success of comedy entertainer 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' with another comic project 'Chashme Baddoor'. He is now ready for some seriousness in his next movie 'Zaalim Dilli'.
"I don't want to do cliched roles. I want to do something different. In this film ('Zaalim Dilli'), it will be a serious kind of a role for the first time," Divyendu, who played the memorable character of Liquid in his debut film, told IANS.
Divyendu decides his films based on the script, and said he is never in a hurry to sign films.
"I just go with the script. If I like the script and my character, I go with it. I have to like the story," he said.
"I am not that kind of a person who, after giving a hit, signs two to three films. I have to like the script. I took my time after 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' and then signed 'Chashme Baddoor' after a while. I have to do things which I feel excited about and proud about," added the actor, who is originally from Delhi.
Divyendu said the fact that 'Zaalim Delhi' was shot in the capital itself, added fun to the experience.
"It was very good. I am from Delhi, so shooting again in Delhi was good fun, and shooting with nice co-actors is always fun," he said.
In 'Zaalim Dilli', directed by Jaspinder Kaur Baweja, Divyendu will be seen opposite actress Ira Dubey.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game