I'm a very under-confident person: Anushka Sharma
Anushka Sharma may come across as a confident and outgoing person on reel, but she says she is otherwise in real life.
Vancouver: Actress Anushka Sharma may come across as a confident and outgoing person on reel, but she says she is otherwise in real life.
"I am a very under-confident person. Whatever is seen in films is just a projection of my character. I wish I could be as confident as the characters I play on screen, but I am not. I am a very shy person," the 24-year-old told reporters on the sidelines of first edition of Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) here.
She started her Bollywood career in 2008 as the vivacious Taani in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi', and went on to play an enterprising wedding planner in 'Band Baaja Baraat' and the daring documentary filmmaker in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
Last seen as Bijlee in 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', Anushka said she is a very shy and under confident person in real life.
In a short span of four years, Anushka has carved a niche for herself in Bollywood, but entering the glamour business was not planned.
"It wasn't planned as I came from Bangalore. We don't have the influence of films. I didn't grow up watching films, so it wasn't a decision to be an actor. But god had something different planned for me," she said.
If recent media reports were anything to go by, Anushka was in the shortlist for Hollywood filmmaker Steven Speilberg's upcoming project. But she refused to comment on it.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Pakistan Government to Appoint New Army Chief Soon: State Minister
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI