I'm leaving 'Balika Vadhu': Pratyusha Banerjee
"There is no reason as such. It was a mutual discussion between me and my channel," says Pratyusha.
New Delhi: Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who plays Anandi in popular TV serial 'Balika Vadhu', which is currently heading for a highpoint, is leaving the show. She says there is no reason behind it, but the channel claims it is due to "hectic shooting schedules".
"I have left the show. There is no reason as such. It was a mutual discussion between me and my channel. The talks were on for a few months that I wanted to quit, but they also had to find someone who could take the story forward. Now I think they have found someone," Pratyusha told IANS.
The replacement will be made with effect from March 4, said a spokesperson from Colors channel.
"The show is progressing towards the highpoint focusing on Shiv-Anandi's married life. Given the hectic shooting schedules the show demands at this stage, Pratyusha has been unable to commit the required time. Therefore, we have mutually agreed to part ways. We understand Pratyusha's perspective and wish her all the best for her future endeavours," the spokesperson said in a statement.
Pratyusha stepped into the shoes of child prodigy Avika Gor as Anandi in 2010, when the show, based on child marriage, took a five-year leap. She was chosen through a nationwide poll.
The current track shows her married to Shivraj Alok Shekhar, essayed by actor Siddharth Shukla. Their chemistry is winning the show a lot of viewership. Hence, one wonders how the viewers will take to her replacement.
Meanwhile, Pratyusha doesn't have any set plans post 'Balika Vadhu'.
"I don't have any plans at the moment. I will take a break for a month and then see what to take up next," she added.
Pratyusha, who is from Jamshedpur, has become a known face thanks to the show.
She even went on to participate in dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5', but she couldn't be on the show for long due to health issues.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting