I'm not a believer in Oscars, says Sunny Deol
Sunny Deol, who is busy promoting his film 'I Love New Year', is contented with India audience.
Mumbai: National Award winning actor Sunny Deol, who is busy promoting his film "I Love New Year", is contented with Indian audience and doesn't feel the need to go to the Oscars.
"What is the need for Indians to go to the Oscars? (Indians ko Oscar jaane ki zaroorat kya hai?). Aren't we happy here? Make the Indian audience happy. We have a population of 130 crore, is it not enough?" Sunny Deol told reporters during the theatrical trailer release of 'I Love New Year' Monday.
In his 30 years' acting journey, the 56-year-old bagged two National Awards for 'Ghayal' and 'Damini' and says they came as a surprise to him.
"Everybody has an individual take on it. I am not a believer of these things (Oscars). I was surprised when I got the National Award. I was like how the hell did I get it?"
Media shy Sunny talked candidly at the event and said: "Everything is manipulated these days. Things are such that we ourselves give the news and read the other day."
Known for his action roles, the actor's 'I Love New Year' is a romantic comedy.
"As an actor I want to do everything. With comedy, it gets gentler... in action, it's much about fighting. My fans should also see the other side of me," he said.
Co-directed by Vinay Sapru and Radhika Rao, 'I Love New Year' also features Kangna Ranaut in the female lead and is slated for an April 26 release.
- US Presidential Elections: New Polls Send Mixed Signals About Hillary And Trump
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund