I'm not married to Aditya Chopra, says Rani Mukerji
Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji has rubbished rumours that she is married to filmmaker Aditya Chopra.
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji, who has rubbished rumours that she is married to filmmaker Aditya Chopra, says she has left her marriage destiny to god. "My name has been linked with several people, but 'upar waala' (god) will decide who will become my life partner," Rani said in reply to queries in Rajat Sharma's show 'Aap Ki Adalat', aired on India TV.
Mukerji, whose latest film 'Aiyyaa' released Friday, reacted strongly to media reports about her secret marriage to Aditya, elder son of acclaimed filmmaker Yash Chopra.
"The media can't even decide which year the wedding took place. Was it 2007, or 2009, or 2012? Let them (media) make up their mind first."
"I am fortunate that the people of this country consider me as their daughter and they are worried about my marriage. But birth, death and marriage are in the hands of 'upar waala' and what is ordained, shall happen," said the actress, who sported a rudraksha string on her left wrist.
"As far as my marriage with Aditya is concerned, I can only say, 'Main toh abhi kunwaari hoon' (I am still unmarried)," she added.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18