DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I'm sorry I'm a man, says Shah Rukh Khan
The victim, who was gangraped by six men in a moving bus on December 16, was flown to Singapore for treatment.
Mumbai: "I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture", and "I am so sorry that I am a man", Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan said Saturday following the death of a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist who was brutally gang-raped and tortured in the national capital.
"(1) We couldn't save you but what a big voice you have, you brave little girl. That voice is telling us that rape is not an aberration, not a mistake," Shah Rukh tweeted.
"(2) Rape embodies sexuality as our culture and society has defined it. I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture."
"(3) I am so sorry that I am a man. I promise I will fight with your voice. I will respect women so that I gain my daughter's respect," added the 47-year-old, father to two children - son Aryan, 15, and daughter Suhana, 12.
The victim, who was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus Dec 16, was flown to Singapore for treatment Thursday and breathed her last early Saturday morning.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup