I'm sorry I'm a man, says Shah Rukh Khan
The victim, who was gangraped by six men in a moving bus on December 16, was flown to Singapore for treatment.
Mumbai: "I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture", and "I am so sorry that I am a man", Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan said Saturday following the death of a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist who was brutally gang-raped and tortured in the national capital.
"(1) We couldn't save you but what a big voice you have, you brave little girl. That voice is telling us that rape is not an aberration, not a mistake," Shah Rukh tweeted.
"(2) Rape embodies sexuality as our culture and society has defined it. I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture."
"(3) I am so sorry that I am a man. I promise I will fight with your voice. I will respect women so that I gain my daughter's respect," added the 47-year-old, father to two children - son Aryan, 15, and daughter Suhana, 12.
The victim, who was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus Dec 16, was flown to Singapore for treatment Thursday and breathed her last early Saturday morning.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender