Mumbai blasts: Indian Mujahideen suspected
Vital forensic evidence may have been washed away as it rained through Wednesday evening.
New Delhi: Three blast rocked the city of Mumbai on Wednesday leaving the country in a state of panic. On the investigation front, the Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad and the Mumbai Police have formed teams to investigate the serial blasts.
In a late-night high-level meeting of senior police officials, details of the initial examination of the blast sites were discussed.
Home Minister P Chidambaram also visited the blast sites and met Maharashtra Chief Minister, Prithviraj Chavan. He has also called for a high-level meeting in the wake of the blasts.
Sources have told CNN-IBN that since vehicles were ostensibly used to plant bombs at 2 of the 3 spots, two alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives Mohammed Mobin Abdul Shakoor Khan alias Irfan (32) and his cousin Ayub Raja Amin Shaikh (28) arrested by the Maharashtra ATS on July 6 will be questioned as these operatives had allegedly supplied the cars which were used to plant bombs in the the Gujarat serial blasts of 2008.
A 7-member team of Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) from New Delhi and another 5-member team from Pune have been deployed. An NSG team is currently inspecting the blast site in Dadar.
The investigators' face a tough task ahead as it rained all through Wednesday evening and vital forensic evidence may have been washed away.
Along with the state ATS, a team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is also probing the blasts.
The injured have been admitted to several hospitals including the JJ Hospital, GT Hospital, KEM Hospital and St George's Hospital.
Security alerts have been issued in all major cities including New Delhi and Kolkata after the blasts in Mumbai.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18