I'm very happy, says Kajol after Padma Shri
She was last seen in 'We are Family' and 'Toonpur Ka Superhero'
Mumbai: She has been honoured with Padma Shri now and Bollywood actress Kajol, who is among this year's recipients of the India's fourth highest civilian award, is on top of the world.
"It's an honour and a pleasure when you are selected for the Padma Shri and I thank all those who thought me worthy of it. I am very, very happy with the way this year has started," Kajol told.
The actress started her cinematic journey at a young age of 17 with Bekhudi, but got commercial success with her second movie Baazigar. Her hit pairing with her good friend, superstar Shah Rukh Khan in films like Karan Arjun, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and My Name Is Khan, continued to work through her career.
Born to actress Tanuja and late Bengali filmmaker Shomu Mukherjee, the 35-year-old is known for her versatility and natural flair for acting.
She is married to Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn and they have two children. Kajol was last seen in We Are Family and Toonpur Ka Superhero.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands