IMG meet today to decide fate of 33 coal mines
These blocks had been allotted to the Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and the Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp.
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group on coal blocks is set to begin a two-day meeting on Monday. It will be deciding the fate of 33 public sector coal blocks that were served notices for delays in production. These blocks had been allotted to the Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and the Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp.
The IMG will make recommendations with regard to 13 coal mines alloted to public sector firms like Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp on Monday. While the recommendations with regard to remaining 20 mines given to PSUs like Nalco and MMTC will be made on Tuesday, the official said.
Earlier, Coal Secretary SK Srivastava had conveyed it to Public Accounts Committee that the IMG would finalise the recommendations with regard to 33 mines allocated to public sector firms by October 20. Last month, the government had accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees of 14 allotters.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline. The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
With additional information from PTI
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management