Imran Khan: I should be proud of doing a film
Imran's upcoming film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' is slated to release early next year.
Mumbai: Quality of work is more important for actor Imran Khan than money. "Actors have to worry about their work and not money. Producers are the guys who have to worry about the money," Imran told IANS.
"There are films which have done massive business and nobody has liked them. To me, it is important that people should remember my films 20 to 30 years down the line. I should be proud of doing a film. Money will come and go what matters is what do people say when they talk about you," he added.
Imran's upcoming film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' is slated to release early next year, and might turn out to be a big grosser of the first quarter of 2012.
However, Imran feels the release date of a film doesn't matter.
"It really doesn't matter when the film releases. What matters is, 'Have people liked the film?'. The best I can say is that I am proud of this film and I am part of this film, beyond that nothing is in my hands," said Imran.
Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' also features Anushka Sharma, Arya Babbar, Pankaj Kapoor and Shabana Azmi.
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Gold prices touch five-year low, people on shopping spree
- Gold price crashes below Rs 25,000 per 10 grams in futures trade
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali