In-flight mobile service for Delhi-London route
This facility would be available on premier British carrier Virgin Atlantic's brand new Airbus A-330.
New Delhi: Come July and you will be able to use your mobile to chat with your family or business partners at 35,000 ft when your aircraft cruises from Delhi to London.
This facility would be available on premier British carrier Virgin Atlantic's brand new Airbus A-330 when it takes off on its inaugural flight from here on July 11.
Buoyed by an over 15 per cent growth in its business traffic, Virgin has introduced this and other facilities in a new product package on the busy Delhi-London sector, an airline spokesperson said here.
The package, which is part of the Richard Branson-owned airline's 100 million pound investment plan to upgrade onboard facilities, includes a re-designed business class cabin, longer beds, seats with more recline, a sophisticated touch-screen entertainment system, mood-lighting and a big onboard
"We can't wait to welcome our customers from Delhi on board in July. Having seen more than 15 per cent growth in business class last year out of Delhi, I am confident the new business class cabin will help us attract even more customers," Virgin CEO Steve Ridgway said in a statement.
"The sheer innovation that runs through this pioneering product again showcases our ambition to be the leaders of the aviation industry for customer experience," he claimed.
The new A-330 aircraft would have the 'AeroMobile' system that would enable passengers across the cabin to make and receive calls and send texts from their mobiles at 35,000 ft.
Among the other fresh facilities to be offered on this new long-haul airplane would be a unique software - PlaneView - allowing passengers to take a virtual 3D tour of the cabin.
The passengers would also be able to connect their smartphones, memory sticks or tablets to watch desired content through the latest in-flight entertainment system.
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border