India celebrates its 60th Republic Day on Monday.
January 26 is celebrated as Republic Day annually across India. The Constitution of India came into force and India declared itsef as a 'Republic' on January 26, 1950 after it gained its independence from the Britishers in 1947. To mark this occasion, a grand parade is held in New Delhi. The President of India takes the salute. The Chief Guest of the parade is a Head of State of another nation. The parade also includes many traditional dance troupes, to symbolise India's cultural heritage.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right