DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India celebrates its 60th Republic Day on Monday.
January 26 is celebrated as Republic Day annually across India. The Constitution of India came into force and India declared itsef as a 'Republic' on January 26, 1950 after it gained its independence from the Britishers in 1947. To mark this occasion, a grand parade is held in New Delhi. The President of India takes the salute. The Chief Guest of the parade is a Head of State of another nation. The parade also includes many traditional dance troupes, to symbolise India's cultural heritage.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi