In protest, activist draws Afzal in blood
The leader of an organisation drew with his blood a picture of Afzal, to press for execution of his death sentence.
Bhopal: In a bid to press for execution of death sentence to Mohammed Afzal Guru, the leader of an organisation here on Sunday drew with his blood a picture of the Parliament attack convict.
Activists of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan staged a demonstration asking the Centre to ensure early decision on Afzal Guru's mercy plea, while its convenor Kailash Tiwari drew the convict's picture.
The demonstrators raised slogans demanding that Guru, whose death sentence was upheld by the Supreme Court in the 2001 case, be hanged for committing treason and challenging the sovereignty of the country.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right