In protest, activist draws Afzal in blood
The leader of an organisation drew with his blood a picture of Afzal, to press for execution of his death sentence.
Bhopal: In a bid to press for execution of death sentence to Mohammed Afzal Guru, the leader of an organisation here on Sunday drew with his blood a picture of the Parliament attack convict.
Activists of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan staged a demonstration asking the Centre to ensure early decision on Afzal Guru's mercy plea, while its convenor Kailash Tiwari drew the convict's picture.
The demonstrators raised slogans demanding that Guru, whose death sentence was upheld by the Supreme Court in the 2001 case, be hanged for committing treason and challenging the sovereignty of the country.
- Sushma Swaraj at UNGA: Kashmir Integral Part of India, Pak Should Stop Dreaming
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Misbah-ul-Haq Hopes Bilateral Ties With India Will Resume
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Trump Lauds Hindu Community's 'Fantastic' Contributions to US
- US Polls: Pressure is on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump in First Debate