Income tax raids on Priyanka, Katrina
The IT raids in the homes of the Bollywood actresses are conducted for suspected tax evasion
Mumbai: Income Tax department on Monday raided residences and offices of Bollywood actors Katrina Kaif and Priyanka Chopra for suspected tax evasion on income accruing from advertisements, foreign assignments and guest appearances.
The raids began at 7.30 am and went on till late evening, an I-T official said, adding the exercise would continue on Tuesday.
"We suspect tax evasion on brand endorsements, offshore assignments and private appearances," the official said.
The raids were conducted at Katrina's residence on the seventh floor of Guldev Sagar building in suburban Bandra and Priyanka's apartment on the eighth floor of Raj Classique building at Yari Road in suburban Versova.
The residence of Priyanka's father, Ashok Chopra, in suburban Lokhandwala, was also raided besides the premises of the actor's secretary Chand Mishra, the officer said.
In a related development, searches were also conducted on the premises of well-known Bollywood photographer Atul Kasbekar and his talent management company Bling.
"We searched Matrix talent management company owned by one Reshma Shetty as its manager Sandhya was also the manager of Katrina. Besides, raids were conducted on Kasbekar's premises as he formerly owned this company," the official said.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Government Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story