Income tax raids on Priyanka, Katrina
The IT raids in the homes of the Bollywood actresses are conducted for suspected tax evasion
Mumbai: Income Tax department on Monday raided residences and offices of Bollywood actors Katrina Kaif and Priyanka Chopra for suspected tax evasion on income accruing from advertisements, foreign assignments and guest appearances.
The raids began at 7.30 am and went on till late evening, an I-T official said, adding the exercise would continue on Tuesday.
"We suspect tax evasion on brand endorsements, offshore assignments and private appearances," the official said.
The raids were conducted at Katrina's residence on the seventh floor of Guldev Sagar building in suburban Bandra and Priyanka's apartment on the eighth floor of Raj Classique building at Yari Road in suburban Versova.
The residence of Priyanka's father, Ashok Chopra, in suburban Lokhandwala, was also raided besides the premises of the actor's secretary Chand Mishra, the officer said.
In a related development, searches were also conducted on the premises of well-known Bollywood photographer Atul Kasbekar and his talent management company Bling.
"We searched Matrix talent management company owned by one Reshma Shetty as its manager Sandhya was also the manager of Katrina. Besides, raids were conducted on Kasbekar's premises as he formerly owned this company," the official said.
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi