DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India beat Japan for second win at Asian CT
VR Raghunath's brace helped India beat Japan 3-1 giving the defending champions their second consecutive win.
Doha: VR Raghunath's brace helped India beat Japan 3-1 giving them their second win in the Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament here on Friday.
India earned their first penalty corner in the 22nd minute with the help of Birendra Lakra and Gurvinder Singh Chandi, which was successfully converted by vice-captain Raghunath. Japan earned two consecutive penalty corners in the first half but Indian defenders thwarted both.
In the second half, the Japanese equalised in the 50th minute through a penalty corner. However, their happiness was shortlived as Gurvinder Singh Chandi scored a minute later to once again give India the lead.
India dominated the proceedings thereafter and finally finished the game through full-back Raghunath, who scored again via a penalty corner.
India will next face Oman on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande