India blew it away against Great Britain: Nobbs
At 2-2, India allowed Great Britain to score a late winner at the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament on Sunday.
Ipoh: India's chief coach Michael Nobbs held his wards' failure to convert the numerous goal-scoring chances as the reason behind the five-time champions' 2-3 defeat at the hands of Great Britain in the Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament here on Sunday.
"We just blew it away. We had the run of play and created the chances, but just did not convert them," Nobbs said, shaking his head in disbelief after India crashed to a 2-3 defeat.
Erstwhile champions India's title hopes suffered a severe setback after they slumped to their second defeat in three matches. India's three points came from their 2-1 victory over South Korea.
India are currently lying fifth among seven teams in the points table, behind New Zealand (nine points from three matches), Great Britain (four points from three matches) and Pakistan (three points from two matches) and Argentina.
"We're playing better and better with every game but continue to make some mistakes that is proving costly," said Nobbs, whose team began the tournament with a disastrous 1-5 loss to New Zealand.
"We had more penetrations than the rivals and also had more shots at the goal," added the Australian, who looked visibly dejected at the result of the match in which India bounced back from a two-goal deficit to draw 2-2 parity.
World number four Great Britain, the highest ranked team featuring in this tournament, only managed to claim three points from a 62nd minute field goal by Nick Catlin.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial Samajwadi Party Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Challenges Posed By Akhilesh
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Breaks Down During Speech, Blames Amar Singh For Rift
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal