India calls for global coordination on cyber security
Sachin Pilot outlined the Crisis Management Plan that has been developed in India to counter cyber attacks.
London: India has called for global coordination to ensure that Internet continues to thrive without the fear of its misuse. Sachin Pilot, Minister of State for Information and Communications, told the London International Cyber Conference that "given the nature of the task and the fact that IT networks can be attacked from anywhere in the world and that digital footprints are easy to hide, global coordination is essential to ensure that Internet continues to thrive without the fear of its misuse."
He outlined the Crisis Management Plan that has been developed in India to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism and to constantly scan the Indian cyber space during the global conference on cyber security. Pilot spoke on the topic 'Hopes and Fears' in the first session of the Conference which was chaired by the UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Rt Hon William Hague.
In his speech, Pilot highlighted the potential of cyber space and the tremendous opportunities it provides, outlined India's ambitious National e-Governance Plan to create a citizen-centric and business centric environment and to connect every Indian to the information highway. He recalled that India as a major ICT nation has been sharing its expertise with other developing countries. India has set up a Pan-African Network in which 47 African countries are equipped to support e-governance, e-commerce, infotainment, resource mapping and meteorological and other services, Pilot said.
He met his UK counterpart Ed Vaizey, Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industry and the two discussed matters of mutual interest.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18