GET Stock QuotesNews18 APP
News18 English
cricketnext
»
1-min read

'India Continues to Engage With China Diplomatically Over Doklam Issue'

Baglay, however, refused to give a clear answer when asked about China's claim that India had reduced the number of troops from 400 to 40 in Dokalm.

News18.com

Updated:August 4, 2017, 9:07 PM IST
facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp
'India Continues to Engage With China Diplomatically Over Doklam Issue'
File photo of Gopal Baglay.
New Delhi: Amid an ongoing standoff between India and China that entered its 50th day on Friday, External Affairs Ministry said it continues to engage with China diplomatically and has been coordinating with Bhutan to find a mutually-acceptable solution.

"We continue to engage with China through diplomatic channels to find a mutually acceptable solution," external affairs ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said.

Baglay, however, refused to give a clear answer when asked about China's claim that India had reduced the number of troops from 400 to 40 in Dokalm.

Upset over China stalling the move to list JeM's Masood Azhar a global terrorist by the UN, India also hoped hoped that countries sharing its concerns over international terrorism would cooperate in fighting all forms of terror.

He also said that India has been in continuous coordination and consultation with Bhutan on the Doklam issue.

Baglay also said that countries sharing its concerns over international terrorism would cooperate in fighting all forms of terror

On the issue of China stalling the move to list JeM's Masood Azhar a global terrorist by the UN, India on Friday hoped that countries .

Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Azhar had been involved in carrying out terror activities against India and this was a well-known fact, said Baglay.

"We can only hope that all these countries which share our concerns regarding the menace of international terrorism will cooperate in fighting all forms of terrorism," he said.

He was replying to a question on China once again extending by three months its technical hold on the US, France and UK-backed proposal to designate Azhar a global terrorist by the UN.

Earlier, China had in February this year blocked the US move to include the Pathankot terror attack mastermind in the list of global terrorists.

(With inputs from PTI)
Read full article
Next Story
facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp

Live TV