India drub Pakistan to lift Asian kabaddi title
The Indian kabaddi team lifted its first-ever Circle Style Championship title by defeating arch-rivals Pakistan.
Chandigarh: The Indian kabaddi team lifted its first-ever Circle Style Championship title by defeating arch-rivals Pakistan 53-38 at Tabriz in Iran on Tuesday.
India and Pakistan were almost on even terms at the half- time score of 24-22, but in the second half India dominated proceedings, opening up a huge 15-point difference.
It is for the first time that the championship is being played outside India, in which eight nations participated.
Punjab's Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the man behind popularising the traditional game at international level, said that the Asia Cup was a trailor of the second World Cup, to be held in the state from November 1.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films