India drub Pakistan to lift Asian kabaddi title
The Indian kabaddi team lifted its first-ever Circle Style Championship title by defeating arch-rivals Pakistan.
Chandigarh: The Indian kabaddi team lifted its first-ever Circle Style Championship title by defeating arch-rivals Pakistan 53-38 at Tabriz in Iran on Tuesday.
India and Pakistan were almost on even terms at the half- time score of 24-22, but in the second half India dominated proceedings, opening up a huge 15-point difference.
It is for the first time that the championship is being played outside India, in which eight nations participated.
Punjab's Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, the man behind popularising the traditional game at international level, said that the Asia Cup was a trailor of the second World Cup, to be held in the state from November 1.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'