India feels tremors of 5.8 Afghanistan quake
The tremor with its epicentre in the Hindu Kush range in Afghanistan occurred at 3.20 pm and lasted for 3 seconds.
Srinagar: An earthquake of magnitude 5.8 on Monday, hit Kashmir valley, prompting people to rush out of buildings fearing repeat of the 2005 tremor which devastated several border areas of the valley.
The tremor with its epicentre in the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan occurred around 3.20 PM and lasted for three seconds, MeT officials said.
The jolt was felt in almost all parts of the valley including Srinagar.
There was no report of any damage due to the tremor, officials said.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game