India gears up for F1 of cycling
India's biggest cycling carnival is all set to witness 80 international and 30 domestic cyclists during the Tour De India.
New Delhi: India's biggest cycling carnival is all set to witness 80 international and 30 domestic cyclists during the Tour De India to be held in three cities -- Mumbai on December 2, followed by Srinagar on December 4 before concluding in Greater Noida on December 9. In its first edition itself, the event has attracted the attention of teams who participate in Tour De France such as Astana and top Asian and European giants.
Amongst other participants, the competition with see corporate honchos like Godrej Eon, Hero Cycles, Metro Tyres, Alchemist, Air India and politicians in Chaggan Bhujbal, Omar Abdulla, Parminder Singh Dhindsa, R S Chibb, Akhilesh Yadav supporting the property. The goal of this zero carbon footprint event is to take the race to different locations and make it a 21-day affair just like Tour De France.
The Organising Committee of the tournament consists of ID Sports and Cycling Federation of India. The race is being promoted by Maharashtra Cycling Association, Sport Ministry of India, Jammu and Kashmir government, Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation and Madhya Pradesh government.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show