DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'India has ability to manage internal situation'
State Department spokesperson said US supports the right of peaceful, non-violent protest around the world.
Washington: US has exuded confidence in India's ability to manage its "internal situation" remaining consistent with the democratic values.
"India is a very strong and vibrant democracy, and we have confidence in India's ability to manage its internal situation in a manner that is consistent with the democratic values of the state," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
Nuland was responding to a question about her remarks made last week on the peaceful protest movement against corruption by social activist Anna Hazare.
"As you know, we support the right of peaceful, non-violent protest around the world. That said, India is a democracy, and we count on India to exercise appropriate democratic restraint in the way it deals with peaceful protest," she had said in response to a question last week.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%