DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'India hasn't given solid evidence against Saeed'
SM Krishna's had said that India has provided adequate proof linking Hafiz Saeed to the Mumbai attacks.
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday rejected External Affairs Minister S M Krishna's remarks that India has provided adequate proof linking Hafiz Saeed to the Mumbai attacks, saying action could be taken against the LeT founder only on the basis of "solid evidence".
Reacting to comments made by Krishna in Bangalore, Pakistan's Foreign Office said India had not given "any solid and significant evidence" against Saeed.
The Foreign Office said "action can only be taken on the basis of solid evidence."
"There is nothing concrete and maintainable. From its own Mumbai trial experience, India knows well that hearsay cannot substitute for hard evidence," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said.
"It is only the latter that can withstand judicial scrutiny," Basit said.
Earlier in the day, Krishna told the media in Bangalore that the information provided by Home Minister P Chidambaram to the Pakistan government contained "every detail of Hafiz Saeed's involvement in the planning and execution of the terrorist attack on Mumbai."
Krishna further said, "No amount of denial would exonerate them (Pakistan) unless there is a judicial inquiry into the whole episode whereby responsibilities can be fixed."
The exchange over Saeed came just two days before President Asif Ali Zardari's planned visit to India, where he will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over lunch before going to the Sufi shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere