India hopes Macedonia will support resolution on UNSC reforms
Meira Kumar, while welcoming a Parliamentary delegation from Macedonia said, the ties between the two countries have been marked by warmth and mutual trust.
New Delhi: Welcoming Macedonia's support to New Delhi's candidature for permanent UN Security Council membership, India on Tuesday hoped the European country would also extend support for the G-4 Resolution seeking reforms in the working of the UN Security Council.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, while welcoming a Parliamentary delegation from Macedonia led by Trajko Veljanoski, President of the Parliament, said the ties between the two countries have been marked by warmth and mutual trust. The delegation met Kumar as well as Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Kumar said the recent high-level and ministerial visits including that of the Macedonian Prime Minister in March 2012 have consolidated the bilateral ties. She added that the selfless work of Mother Teresa and her inspiring life have been one of the strong links between the two countries.
Expressing gratitude to Macedonia for its support to India's non-permanent membership of the UN Security Council for 2011-12 and subsequent candidature for permanent membership, Kumar hoped the European country would also consider extending support for the G-4 Resolution seeking reforms in the working of the UN Security Council.
She was of the opinion that terrorism is a major challenge for open and pluralistic societies and lauded Macedonia's support to India on this critical issue and for the Draft Comprehensive Convention at the UN on international terrorism.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Turf War
- Samajwadi Party Live: Shivpal Yadav Addresses Party Workers, Hits Back At Akhilesh Yadav & Praises Amar Singh
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal