DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India needs more technical universities: Narayanasamy
For the population of India, the universities available are not sufficient, Narayanasamy said.
New Delhi: The country needs more universities offering technical and research education, V Narayanasamy, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions in the Prime Minister Office (PMO) said on Monday.
"For the population of India, the universities available are not sufficient. Every big district in this country should have a university," said Narayanasamy.
"The country today need knowledge and knowledge comes from education we need technical and research education, especially in rural areas, so that the poor get employment," he added.
The minister was speaking at the 27th Foundation Day of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Established in 1985, the university was set up to provide cost-effective education, especially the poor.
"There is a large gap between urban and rural education as the urban youth have all the facilities and infrastructure," he said.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa