India offers a helping hand to quake-hit Myanmar
At least 75 people were killed and over 110 injured so far when a strong earthquake struck Myanmar.
New Delhi: India on Friday expressed readiness to assist Myanmar in whatever way it can in the relief efforts following a strong earthquake there in which at least 75 people have been killed so far.
"We are saddened to learn about the loss of lives and damage to property in the recent earthquake in Myanmar. India has conveyed its deep condolences to the Government of Myanmar and expressed readiness to assist them in whatever way we can in their relief efforts," Ministry of External Affairs said in a release here.
India is in close touch with the Government of Myanmar in this connection, it said.
At least 75 people were killed and over 110 injured so far when a strong earthquake struck Myanmar, officials said, with fears that the toll would rise as news filtered through from remote areas still cut off.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance