India, Pak armies exchange sweets on Republic Day
Indian and Pakistani soldiers exchanged sweets at the Chakan Da Bagh cross point along the LoC in Poonch sector as a goodwill gesture.
Jammu: Indian and Pakistani troops on Saturday exchanged sweets along the Line of Control in Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir even as cross-border bus service and trade remained suspended after beheading of two Indian soldiers. Indian and Pakistani soldiers exchanged sweets at the Chakan Da Bagh cross point along the LoC in Poonch sector as a goodwill gesture, Army officials said.
The flag meeting at the LoC was cordial, they said adding the Indian side was represented by Col PDS Bal and Major SS Sehgal and the Pakistani side by Lt Col Javid and Major Yasin. The Border Security Force and Pakistani Rangers also exchanged sweets at Suchetgarh on the International Border in Jammu district.
The exchange of sweets and greetings between two sides is a continued tradition on LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on the Independence Day and the Republic Day besides Diwali and Eid festivals. The cross-Loc bus service and trade between Jammu and Kashmir and the PoK were suspended soon after the killing of two Indian soldiers in an attack by Pakistani troops after intruding into Poonch sector on January 8.
- Jaguar F-Pace Launch in India on October 20, Price Starts at Rs 68.4 Lakh
- Russia Dismisses MH17 Findings as False, Politically-Motivated
- Malaysian Airliner MH17 was Shot Down by a 'Russian-Made Missile'
- Ukrainians Turn Ammunition Into Art to Depict Horrors of Civil War
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18