DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India-Pak match spectator suffers fatal heart attack
Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting, police said.
Bangalore: A 47-year-old cricket fan died late on Tuesday following a heart attack while watching the first India-Pakistan T20 match at the Chinnaswamy stadium here, a senior police official said.
"Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting. Though he was rushed to the nearby Mallya hospital by ambulance, he died after admission," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kante Gowda said.
Jain, who originally hails from Odisha, was working in a private firm in Bangalore.
As Jain complained of breathing trouble, his family members, who were also present in the stands, carried him out of the stadium and rushed to the hospital, less than 1km from the venue.
"No case is being registered as it was a natural death. It was a coincidence that he was in the stadium then when he felt uneasy as he was not able to breathe properly. It's sad," Gowda added.
India lost to Pakistan by five wickets in a thriller.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere