DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India proud of armed forces: Krishna tells Canada
SM Krishna says Canadian High Commissioner was called in the External Affairs Ministry over the visa denial issue.
Bangalore: With anger rising over the denial of visas to several serving and retired officials of Indian security agencies, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday said India expects the Canadian authorities to address this issue appropriately and underlined that the country was proud of its armed forces.
"We expect the Canadian authorities to address this issue appropriately. We have made our position crystal clear to the Canadian authorities," Krishna said.
The High Commissioner of Canada, Joseph Caron, has been called by the Secretary (West) in the External Affairs Ministry, Krishna said.
"We are proud of our armed forces. This has to be understood by the Canadian authorities," he said.
Over the past two years, Canada has denied visas to some serving and retired Indian security forces personnel on account of their association with India's armed forces and spy agencies, sparking public outrage in India.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017