India reach semis of Kabaddi World Cup
The Indian men's team stormed into the semifinals of the 3rd Kabaddi World Cup beating Denmark 73-28.
Mansa: The Indian men's team on Tuesday stormed into the semifinals of the 3rd Kabaddi World Cup, crushing Denmark 73-28 in a completely one-sided match here. Malaysia's women team surprised everyone by topping the pool after a 39-29 win over Turkmenistan.
England were out of reckoning despite beating Afghanistan 64-21. At the end of first half, India were leading 35-16. Indian raiders Baram Singh, Manminder Sran and Sukhbir Sarwan earned 13, 11 and 11 points respectively whereas stoppers Eakam Hathur, Gurpreet Gopi Manaki, Narinder Ram Bittu Dugal bagged 6, 5 and 5 points respectively.
Denmark's Major Singh and Loverthy Lundbery got 5 points each. Malaysia's raiders Manpreet Kaur, Paramjit Kaur and Jaswinder Kaur got 9, 7 and 7 points respectively, while stoppers Mandeep Kaur and Rekha bagged 5 and 4 points respectively.
In another men's match, the England team was leading 34-8 after the first half. England's raiders Jaskaran Singh, Gurdev Singh, Inderjit Singh and Rajvir Singh scored 10, 10, 9 and 8 points respectively, while stoppers Jagtar Singh and Gurpreet Singh got 10 and 8 points respectively.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest