India shines with 46 medals at Special Winter Olympics
The Indians won 46 medals - 13 gold, 17 silver and 16 bronze - from among 2,200 athletes from over 120 nations.
New Delhi: India's differently-abled athletes returned with the largest haul of medals in the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games at Pyeong Chang, South Korea. The Indians won 46 medals - 13 gold, 17 silver and 16 bronze - from among 2,200 athletes from over 120 nations in the Games. India doubled its medal tally from the World Winter Games 2009.
The Games were competed in eight sports - alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, figure skating, short track speed skating, floor hockey and floorball.
The girls floor hockey team picked up the gold while the men's floor hockey team won the silver losing to Taipei 1-2. Bharat Bhatia picked up three gold medals in the Alpine Skiing Giant Slalom event along with a silver and a bronze.
The Alpine Skiing Super Giant Slalom saw 12-year-old Anishka Upadhyay from Lucknow picked up the gold. The team also picked up three silver and three bronze medals in the event.
The 14-year-old Bipasha Mukherji, a first time entrant into Speed Skating, won the gold in the 25 metres and silver in the 55 metres.
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- Martyrs' Kin React To India Avenging The Uri Attack
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen