India to host Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in 2014
India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
New Delhi: India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
The decision was taken at an Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) meeting which coincided with the senior Asian Championships in Busan earlier this month.
"It was decided that the next Asian Juniors will take place in India next year, sometime in August. The most likely venue will be the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore," Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general at the Table Tennis Federation of India, told IANS. Choudhary is also the ATTU treasurer.
India last hosted the championships in New Delhi in 2011. The 2013 edition will be held in Doha.
In 2012, India organised the world juniors for the first time.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK