India to launch Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana in Dubai
<p>India will launch its ambitious pension scheme, the Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana, for over five million overseas workers in Dubai next week.</p>
India will launch its ambitious pension scheme, the Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana, for over five million overseas workers in Dubai next week.
Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs, will formally launch the scheme on Monday at the Indian Consulate premises in Dubai, the consulate announced on Sunday.
"I am pleased to inform you that the Ministry is now formally taking the scheme closer to the targeted beneficiaries in these countries," Indian Consul General said in a statement in Dubai.
The UAE is the first foreign nation where the scheme - the pension and life insurance fund - is being launched officially, the Gulf News quoted Indian Ambassador to the UAE M K Lokesh as saying.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'